Are you looking for a new and exciting recipe to add to your meal planning routine? Look no further than pork kofta! This Middle Eastern dish is made with ground pork, spices, and herbs, and can be served in a variety of ways. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make pork kofta, as well as some tips and tricks to make your dish stand out.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to make pork kofta:
For the Kofta:
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 onion, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Now that you have all your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking! Follow these steps to make delicious pork kofta:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork with the grated onion, minced garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt, black pepper, parsley, and cilantro. Use your hands to mix everything together until well combined.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a sausage shape. Thread each sausage onto a skewer, making sure to pack the meat tightly.
Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill the kofta for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden brown on all sides.
While the kofta is cooking, make the yogurt sauce. In a small mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, chopped mint, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
Once the kofta is cooked, remove from the skewers and serve hot with the yogurt sauce on the side. You can also serve the kofta with a side salad or pita bread for a complete meal.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make your pork kofta even more delicious:
- If you don’t have skewers, you can also shape the kofta into small meatballs and cook them on a grill pan or in the oven.
- Make sure to pack the meat tightly around the skewers to prevent them from falling apart on the grill.
- If you like your food spicy, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the kofta mixture.
- The yogurt sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, you can use dried herbs instead. Just use half the amount called for in the recipe.
Pork kofta is a delicious and easy meal idea that is perfect for any occasion. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and healthy dish that your whole family will love. So why not give it a try and add some Middle Eastern flair to your next meal?