Rick Stein has been a renowned chef for many years, and he is well-known for his love of seafood. However, he has also created some amazing pork recipes that are both easy to make and absolutely delicious. In this article, we will share some of his best pork recipes that you can try at home.
Slow-Roasted Pork Belly
One of Rick Stein’s signature pork recipes is slow-roasted pork belly. This recipe is perfect for a special occasion or a Sunday roast. The pork belly is marinated with garlic, fennel seeds, and rosemary, and then roasted in the oven for several hours until it’s tender and juicy.
– 2 kg pork belly – 4 garlic cloves, crushed – 1 tablespoon fennel seeds – 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves – Salt and pepper – 2 tablespoons olive oil – 500 ml chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. 2. Score the pork belly skin with a sharp knife. 3. Mix together the garlic, fennel seeds, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Rub this mixture all over the pork belly. 4. Place the pork belly in a roasting tray and pour the chicken stock into the tray. 5. Roast the pork belly for 3-4 hours, until it’s tender and the skin is crispy. 6. Let the pork belly rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Pork and Chorizo Stew
Another great pork recipe by Rick Stein is his pork and chorizo stew. This recipe is perfect for a cold winter evening and is packed with amazing flavors.
– 500g pork shoulder, cut into chunks – 100g chorizo, sliced – 1 onion, chopped – 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped – 2 red peppers, sliced – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon cumin – 400g can chopped tomatoes – 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed – 300ml chicken stock
1. Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. 2. Add the pork and chorizo and cook until browned. 3. Add the onion, garlic, and red peppers and cook for a few more minutes. 4. Add the smoked paprika and cumin and cook for another minute. 5. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer. 6. Cover and cook for about 1 hour, until the pork is tender. 7. Serve with some crusty bread.
Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
This pork tenderloin recipe by Rick Stein is perfect for a dinner party. The mustard sauce adds a tangy flavor to the tender pork.
– 2 pork tenderloins – Salt and pepper – 1 tablespoon olive oil – 1 tablespoon butter – 2 shallots, finely chopped – 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard – 150ml chicken stock – 150ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. 2. Season the pork tenderloins with salt and pepper. 3. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. 4. Add the pork tenderloins and sear on all sides until browned. 5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes, until the pork is cooked through. 6. Remove the pork from the skillet and let it rest for 10 minutes. 7. In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. 8. Add the shallots and cook until softened. 9. Add the Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, chicken stock, and cream. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened. 10. Slice the pork and serve with the mustard sauce.
Rick Stein’s pork recipes are a must-try for any pork lover. These recipes are easy to make and packed with flavor. Whether you’re in the mood for a slow-roasted pork belly or a pork tenderloin with mustard sauce, Rick Stein has got you covered. So, why not try one of these recipes tonight and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills?