If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal, then pork curry is the perfect dish for you. This classic recipe has been a favourite in the UK for many years. It’s easy to make, and the combination of flavours and spices will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
To make pork curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 500g pork shoulder, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish
1. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. 2. Add the pork to the pan and cook until browned on all sides. 3. Add the garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chilli powder to the pan. Stir well to coat the pork in the spices. 4. Add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk to the pan. Stir well and bring to a simmer. 5. Reduce the heat and let the curry simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and tender. 6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 7. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice or naan bread.
– If you like your curry with a bit of heat, add more chilli powder or fresh chillies to taste. – You can also add other vegetables to the curry, such as potatoes, carrots, or peppers. – Leftover curry can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Pork curry is a delicious and easy meal to cook, perfect for a cosy night in or a dinner party with friends. With just a few simple ingredients and some spices, you can create a tasty and satisfying dish that everyone will love. So why not give it a try and see for yourself?